Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Be Ready, Be Strong!

Here at Word 2 the Wise, we are a Health & Wellness Blog, so we are going to branch out a little and talk about another aspect of being Well.

This is not about scales, losing weight, or what you should be eating.  This is not about the latest fitness craze, the coolest workout place to join, or the greatest new energy supplements.  This is about doing something for yourself, something that could someday save YOUR LIFE.

This IS about no more excuses.
This IS something that is pertinent to every person.
This IS life changing.



Five weeks ago I decided to take a new class that a friend had told me about.  I had no idea just how much it would impact my life.  I knew this class was important, but I didn't know that it would change my daily awareness, my confidence, and more importantly my insecurities about being smaller, shorter, and at a lesser advantage.  I have metal rods in my back from a scoliosis surgery I had in 1998.  I always felt that if I ever got attacked by another person that I would not be able to fight back, and I would have a lesser advantage, well, that might been true, UP UNTIL 5 WEEKS AGO.

The class I am taking is 7 weeks long and offered by Athena Women and taught by third degree black belt instructor Scott Lewis.  The class is offered at Kreimer's Karate in Frederick. It is a 2 hour class once a week and the cost is $10 a class (that is a steal and he should charge 4x that.)

We all have a tiger inside of us.  We can pull out our "Mother Bear" instincts and we all have heard the saying, " It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog."  We think about these sayings and know that if something happens and we are threatened or attacked that we will fight back.  How about knowing how to fight back smarter, not harder. How about "Bringing the fight to them".  Be ready and be strong.  Improve your mind, your strength, and your awareness.




As Mr. T says, "I pity the fool" that picks me as his victim.  I will bring the fight and bring it hard. Not because I am bigger or in top physical shape, but because I am strong, aware, and prepared.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fighter.  I am not looking for a fight, but if the fight finds me, I refuse to be a victim.

Did you know that the very worse thing you can do is turn around and run?  You can get hurt very badly if you get knocked down from behind.  What if you can't run?

If you are interested in signing up or want to learn more, contact:

Athena Women
 http://www.athenawomen.net/home.html

Kreimer's Karate 
 http://www.kreimers-karate.com/

In good health,

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment